For the last nine years, we’ve been waiting and waiting… and waiting… for Kingdom Hearts III. Our cheeks tingled with excitement whenever Square Enix would tease some kind of Kingdom Hearts announcement, only to break our hearts by announcing a game that wasn’t KH3. The game was finally confirmed at E3 2013, and we’ve been aching for more details ever since. Now, Square Enix released a new trailer for Kingdom Hearts III at Jump Festa 2015. Check out the video above to see it!
What we’ve known up until now:
- Sora will return as the main character
- Gameplay will include summons, Keyblade transformations, and character combo attacks
- The game is being made on Unreal Engine 4 and will be the first Kingdom Hearts game on a Microsoft platform
- Summons will include Disney theme park ride attacks such as “Big Magic Mountain”
- New worlds will include Tangled and Big Hero 6
- Riku, Donald, Goofy, King Mickey, Master Xehanort, and Master Eraqus will all return
- The story will pick up at the end of Dream Drop Distance and be the final chapter in the “Dark Seeker” saga
What did you glean from the new trailer? Share your observations in the comments!
Feature image credit: Square Enix