Create your own BB-8 globe filled with glitter and a Star Wars toy for a unique spin on everyone’s new favorite droid!
What You’ll Need
- DIY snow globe jar, found at Michael’s (in the holiday section) or Oriental Trading Company
- One half of a small clear plastic ornament, also found at Michael’s
- Large silver glitter
- Orange glitter
- White, silver, black, and orange acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Small Star Wars toy, like the new Micro Machines
- Super glue or Elmer’s glue
- Clear dish soap or glycerine
1. Begin by covering the ornament half in white paint. Two coats may be needed for full coverage.
Set aside to dry.
2. While BB-8’s head is drying, sprinkle the silver and orange glitter inside the globe.
3. Add the small Star Wars figure, in this case an X-wing, by dropping it inside. If you choose to glue the figure to the inside of the lid to keep it stationary when shaken, follow the directions included with the DIY globe.
4. Next, add about a tablespoon of the clear dish soap or glycerine inside the globe.
5. Slowly fill the globe with water, and follow the included directions for sealing the globe properly to prevent any leaking.
6. When the white paint is dry, use the silver, black, and orange paint to add the details of BB-8’s head. (If you’re a stickler for accuracy, you can use this image for reference.)
7. Once the paint is completely dry, use the glue to attach BB-8’s head on top of the globe.
8. Allow the glue to dry completely, and your BB-8 glitter globe is finished!
Photo Credit: Kelly Knox