Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular This Week

Home » Shows » Co-Optitude
Co-Optitude Episode 4 - Road Rash
  • ShibsShibs
    PMPosts: 27Member, Administrator
    Felicia and Ryan get their professional motorcycle punching skills on in Road Rash!

• ZuffyZuffy
    PMPosts: 1,630Member, Moderator
    It's a shame they didn't play Road Rash 2 since it has split-screen mode (or 3, although I can't remember if it had split-screen multiplayer or not). Felicia's Depeche Mode impersonation was... interesting. :D I also liked the 'recap' at the beginning, nicely done. :D
    New to the Forum? Check out our Forum Guidelines | Connect with the G&S Forum Twitter List, Steam Group & BGA Group |
    Behold! The Unofficial G&S Card Game by JP_Rakath | Would you like something for the community, make a suggestion here
  • Daniel_WallaceDaniel_Wallace
    PMPosts: 2,292Member, Moderator
    I remember having tons of fun with these games... a motorcycle game where you can punch people, who doesn't love that? :D

I actually thought that the bow to Sonic was kinda "meh". They didn't like it, some idiots didn't like that, so what?
    If you see any spam, @-mention me in the thread and I will come in to kill it with my hammer. The hammer is not my... you know.

G+: https://plus.google.com/+DanielWallace/
    twitter: @evildanwallace
  • alanalmeriaalanalmeria
    PMPosts: 1,063Member, Moderator

Hooray! A game I actually played! I've never had a Nintendo console, but I remember playing this on the Amiga. I wonder if its just me but I always remember having far more problems with the police than they seemed to have in the video.

@Daniel_Wallace, I actually didn't mind the Sonic "apology". Probably because I figured it was intended to be mocking rather than conciliatory. It was also fun that the first thing they did was look at the manual, which some Sonic-ites complained about them not doing last week. Whilst we know the shows were filmed ages ago, some of them may see this and assume its a reaction to their complaints ;)

Also bonus points for Felicia's D&D Shirt.

Love The Guild and/or Choose Your Own Adventure Novels? Then make sure to check out The Trials of Codex.

• PlaguePlague
    PMPosts: 299Member
    I don't think it was an apology, rather an "happy now suckers?" moment.
  • harqharq
    PMPosts: 1Member
    By far the best racing game of that generation was F-Zero.  Although, I don't think it had a two player mode.  Mario Kart did.  My memories of Road Rash involve a lot more police than this.  

What I'd really love to see done is a fighting game.  Something like Samurai Shodown or Street Fighter.  Although, then it wouldn't really be co-op.
  • TriencoTrienco
    PMPosts: 623Member, Moderator
    While I had fun watching this, I think this might be the weakest episode so far and I completely blame the game for that. A two player mode where you take turns? Who does that? With one of them being degraded to commentator it just isn't the same. Can't help imagining how they otherwise would have completely ignored the race and just punched each other all the way, or tried to run over each other.

Kudos to Felicia. I fully expected her to counter Slayer B with Slayer V. Resisting the obvious makes her a better person than I.

I grinned at the Sonic "re-edit", though I somewhat expected that to rekindle the sh..storm. Also can't help taking it as a sign that it got to her.
  • AlleneagleAlleneagle
    PMPosts: 5Member
    I had a blast playing Road Rash back in the day but when I suggested it for them to play I suggested Road Rash 2 since it has the split screen playing for two players. Plus the game play and graphics where much better in the second version. I hope later on they give this a try because watching Felicia and Ryon swinging clubs and chains at each other would be priceless. Also you can kick not just punch. :-)

As for other good two player games for a fighting game try Eternal Champions and for a good boxing game try Greatest Heavyweights. Both old school Sega Genesis games.
  • Jens_HJens_H
    PMPosts: 111Member

I swear, I'm almost certain that I saw Dave Gahan appear at one point.

Very fun episode, though not much actual co-op.

It seems that it's okay with games that could be played on the Amiga, so I suggest "Supercars 2". You could upgrade your car to fire various rockets, drop mines, and leave oil slicks. In other words there is plenty of opportunities to be a major dick to the other player.

• SkatanericSkataneric
    PMPosts: 131Member
    I'm suprised they didn't take shots at the names that were up there. Biff, Slater, .... LOL
    "Go Forth And Screw Up!"
    Lifehacks and Tech tips
    Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/skataneric
    Thank you everyone who voted!!!!
  • ScorpyScorpy
    PMPosts: 2Member

There is a spiritual successor to road rash being created which was recently successfully kickstarted.

I believe you can still get earliest access to the game via PayPal donation.

http://www.roadredemption.com/

• chowlbchowlb
    PMPosts: 1Member
    This lends an obvious suggestion to SKITCHIN'!!!