Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Login with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter

Popular This Week

Home » Community Forums » Geek & Sundry Discussion
ComicCon 2013
  • TabzTabz
    PMPosts: 328Member
    So IF we were going to ComicCon 2013... what should we do there? What panels/events would you like to see?
    "All your problems today have been solved by Tabz, a computer, and God."
  • JPMcMillenJPMcMillen
    PMPosts: 13Member
    IF?!?!?!?!?!

Bring board games. Lots and lots of board games.
  • JPMcMillenJPMcMillen
    PMPosts: 13Member
    Wow, I'm starting to wonder if I'm the only G&S fan that actually got a SDCC 2013 ticket. I'm just glad I got mine at the 2012 attendee sale back in August, I heard they had problems with the ticket sales this weekend. I hope some of the rest of you got tickets as well.
  • xaraanxaraan
    PMPosts: 49Member
    Well @jpmcmillen, my gf and I will be there (we usually go as press) but we don't always get a lot of time to hang out until maybe a night or two because of working it all day and being pooped.  I didn't get to see anything G&S last year :(
  • ten47pmten47pm
    PMPosts: 120Member
    Alas, I've never been. I had the hotel booked and planned to attend this year, but work got in the way. Stupid real life...

Current plan, though, is to attend next year, ticket-gods willing. It would be great to see all the G&S folks and the fans, especially if we get to game together.
    Jim Gordon: I never said "Thank you."
    Batman: And you'll never have to.
    ~ Batman Begins
  • kierykiery
    PMPosts: 140Member
    I was gonna go, we'd been planning all year, clicked the second it was live, and got a server error and then it was over and everyone who was in, was in. *shakes fist* ticket gods!!
    Author, Artist, Blogger, Geek, Filmmaker, Person
    Blog: http://kieryking.com/
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/kiery28
    KieryGeek: http://youtube.com/kierygeek

{excuse me while I leave gifs everywhere....}
  • CraigCraig
    PMPosts: 138Member
    I'll be there. I've found that it's best to remain "fluid" at Comic Con. Some of my best experiences have been the unexpected ones. Also, I often underestimate just how long lines will be. The G&S off-site events were a lot of fun last year and along with a couple of others made my Con. We were only able to get passes for two of the four days.
    "Why don't you try creating an imaginary world. It would probably be like Fresno or something!" -- Floyd Petrowski to Codex

"Fresno - At least it's not Bakersfield." -- Random t-shirt in bar

Twitter: https://twitter.com/alwaysaffable
  • lingarnlingarn
    PMPosts: 6Member
    I will be there!  The shows I enjoy the most are the Flog, Tabletop, and of course the Guild, so content relating to those shows would be greatly appreciated.

That said, I've watched at least some of all of the shows, so it would be interesting to see content related to them as well.  Actor panels/signings, discussions of the challenges involved in Written by a Kid, possibly a live-podcast of Sword and Laser, and so on.

Possibly a panel discussing the production of a YouTube channel, and how this kind of media creation/distribution theme is expected to progress over time.
  • StevenSteven
    PMPosts: 55Member
    You guys rocked your first Comic Con so hard that it might be hard to beat it. I feel that you do exactly what you guys did last year but with just a bit better execution on times and and where you all would be. I know its almost impossible getting a booth there but just announce via social media where you guys will be like 10 minutes before you are there. biggest thing I want to happen is the thursday night party. 
    Find me on Twitter @thatonetechguy

• Picher5Picher5
    PMPosts: 26Member
    Argh, I despair knowing that I couldn't come even if I wanted to. Too far. But I support you with my mind (whatever that means) !
    No power in the 'verse can stop me !
  • TabzTabz
    PMPosts: 328Member
    There were so much off-site last year that (were I not working) I'd go even without a badge! 
    "All your problems today have been solved by Tabz, a computer, and God."
  • farlnalphafarlnalpha
    PMPosts: 9Member
    Offsite location again for sure. I had a blast hanging out at Belo and play games sipping on my gin and tonic. The fact is was right by where Wootstock was the best.
  • lcfan03lcfan03
    PMPosts: 11Member
    I went to a lot of the G&S offsite stuff last year, had a blast.
  • TheMightyJerdTheMightyJerd
    PMPosts: 376Member
    I spent a good bit of time at the off-site G&S events last year, and would love to do the same in 2013!

The AMD lounge at the Belo was a really cool setup, from the gaming rigs to the angry homeless guy who wandered in.

Twitter: @themightyjerd
    Fitness YouTube Channel: TheJerd.com's Channel
    Personal YouTube Channel: My Channel
    Podcast: The Comic Corner Podcast
  • nomikkhnomikkh
    PMPosts: 96Member
    I'll be there too!  Provided my time off request goes through.  It'll be pretty cool to meet some fellow G&S fans in person.

Also, holy crap I haven't posted anything here in forever.  
    Twitters @nomikkh
    I like to yammer about gaming - pushingthemedium.blogspot.com
    Steam/Origin/PSN handle: nomikkh
  • CastielCastiel
    PMPosts: 3Member
    I'll be going, and most likely braving the overnight camp in front of Hall H again. Supernatural is a given. I'm hoping there are panels for Desolation of Smaug and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. 
  • tommythrashtommythrash
    PMPosts: 1Member
    I really hope there is another G&S off-site setup like the one at Belo.
  • lingarnlingarn
    PMPosts: 6Member
    So any word on this?  SDCC is quickly approaching!