I want to believe… that you will go crazy for these DIY necklaces. With X-Files heading back to the small screen, there’s no black goo or smoking man that can stop this from happening. Check out the new trailer right now if you’re still a skeptic. While you are waiting for the new season though, you can make matching necklaces for you and your one in 5 billion.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. Outline the cabochons onto your fabric and draw your design inside. Pick a design that’s simple enough to fit inside the circle of the cabochon.
2. Pull the strands of your embroidery thread apart until you have thread the thickness you want. I used three strands for this example.
3. Fit your fabric into your embroidery hoop. Embroider your design using small, even stitches — I recommend using a backstitch.
4. Cut out your design, giving at least an inch extra room all around your design.
5. Glue the fabric to the top of the cabochon, then fold over the excess fabric and glue to the back. Once dry, glue the covered cabochon to the pendant tray.