If your dog is going to follow you into battle, he better have armor as good as Trinket’s. Laura Bailey along with our own office dog, Bucky, take you through the process of equipping your best friend with their own gear. Follow these simple instructions for dog armor that will stand up to even the most grizzly of conditions.
What you’ll need:
- Sewing machine
- Fabric (1/2 yard of gray and 1/4 yard of brown)
- Four sheets of construction paper
- A dog who’s a real good sport
- Measure your dog from nape to tail and around the belly. Fashion a template out of paper and fit it to your dog to make sure that the armor rests comfortably on your companion. This is the time to make any changes if necessary.
- Use the paper template to cut the coat out of fabric. Measure it on your dog again.
- Hem the edges.
- Add Velcro to the neck.
- Cut three half-circles out of gray fabric and hem. This is one leg of your leg armor. While your dog wears the coat, pin where they should go. Sew them on.
- Cut straps out of brown fabric. (This is where your dog’s belly measurements come in.) Hem them and add Velcro to the edges.
- Put your dog in her new armor and go seek out a battle to fight in.