Percy may have sold his soul for revenge, but you don’t have to go to such lengths in order to get your own plague raven mask. This tutorial uses easy-to-find materials and should take just about an hour. No Diplomacy required.
What you’ll need:
- Three sheets of craft foam
- Construction paper
- Spray adhesive
- 1/2 yard of fabric
- Hot glue gun
- 12 gauge aluminum wire (optional)
- Draw the mask pieces on your construction paper. Cut them out and tape them together temporarily to make sure they fit. Try on the paper mask. If you need to make any adjustments, now is the time to do it.
- When you are confident about the design, trace your construction paper templates onto the craft foam and cut them out.
- Trace 1/2 inch outside the craft paper onto the fabric. You’ll need the extra room to fold over the fabric to the back of the mask.
- Use the spray adhesive to attach the fabric to the craft foam.
- Attach the pieces together using the hot glue gun.
- Use the same process to create a headstrap. Measure your head to get the best dimensions. Hot glue Velcro to the end of the strap and the inside of the mask.
- If your mask sags on the inside, use the wire to craft loops on the inside of the beak to keep it sturdy.
What would you like to see us make next from the world of Critical Role? Let us know in the comment section below and we’ll start warming up the hot glue gun.