For all those Goliaths trying to succeed their beard check, here’s an easy tutorial for a crocheted beard-and-mustache combo. Now everyone can sport their own beard, no special potions necessary.
These instructions are adapted from MadMim’s very helpful crochet beard tutorial.
What you’ll need:
- One skein of yarn (cotton or wool recommended)
- Crochet hook
- Chain 7 to start.
- Turn and single crochet 6
- Now you’re ready to start bobbling. If you’re new to the bobble stitch, check out this great tutorial. For this row, you’ll do three bobble stitches with a single crochet between each one.
- For the next row, do four bobble stitches with a single crochet between each.
- For the next eight rows, you’ll do 5 bobble stitches with a single crochet between each one. (If you need to adapt this pattern to larger or smaller faces, you can do more or fewer rows at this stage.)
- Then four stitches, then three, then a row of single crochet to finish the edge.
- For the ear loops, chain ten and attach at each end. If you have larger or smaller ears, you can adjust the length here.
- For the mustache, you’ll double crochet four, then single crochet two, then double crochet four and attach to the beard.
- Try on the beard as you go and make any adjustments to the pattern as needed to fit your unique face.